The vital goal of any digital marketer is to make their website appear on the 1st page of SERP for the potential keywords of their niche.
There are many factors that decide and these are the fundamentals to follow. These factors keep your website more engaging and increase productivity for both you and the user.
People struggle to rank on the first page, they invest hugely to get more conversion rates organically. As you should have gone through our previous topic on how does Google search engine works? Where we have spotted the knowledge of crawling, indexing, and ranking.
FACTORS – SEARCH ENGINE RANKING:
The content of the article or website should be 100% relevant to the keyword which searchers use.
The keyword should be well articulated in your Title and Meta description.
The SE will only rank highly relevant content on the first page
This brings the searchers organically. The conversion rate will be high from organic viewers.
The target audience should be well focused on your title and Meta description. For example, Best hotels in Delhi.
CONTENT OF THE PAGE:
The content of the page holds a maximum share of ranking.
Most often search engines like google, yahoo, bing, and Ask to look for fresh content.
The contents should be of converting the niche into potential searchers.
It has to be rich in quality more than quantity. The minimum words should be around 450 for any page or article.
The content should be 100% unique. There should be no plagiarism. There should not be any keyword stuffing. The keyword density should be a maximum of 2% on the total number of words.
TECHNICAL ROBUSTNESS OF THE WEBSITE:
- There should not be any coding errors which will lead to low ranking possibility.
- Page loading speed should be very high. The loading speed of your site has to be less than 3 seconds, this will attract search engines to increase the ranking.
- There should be ease of navigations between every page on the website.
- Usage of compressed images.
- Increasing engagements and inbound links in the post, so this will reduce the bounce rate, increase time on site, and increases page views.
- This is considered to be the most important factor to increase the ranking on search engines.
- Almost 70% of the user will be routed through mobile phones.
- Mobile-friendliness plays a crucial role in ranking, at the same time even weightage is shared for mobile loading speed.
- Before launching a site, always check how the site is mobile-friendly. You can use the Google search console to test the mobile-friendly test.
SECURITY & PRIVACY:
- It is your duty to maintain the privacy of your user’s data.
- It is always advisable to have HTTPS protection on your site. Very often the site will be under HTTP.
To secure your site, buy an SSL certificate and your site will change to HTTPS. This provides a better ranking in SERP
TOOLS TO INCREASE SEARCH ENGINE RANKING:
PLAGIARISM CHECKER – This tool will analyze the originality or uniqueness of the content
GRAMMAR CHECKER – Grammar checker is to correct grammatical mistakes.
KEYWORDS RESEARCH TOOL – Many tools like SEMrush, Ahrefs, ubersuggest are useful to research potential keywords.
PAGE INSIGHT TOOL – To check the page speed.
CODING ACCURACY TOOL – To check any error in the coding and to rectify them.
MOBILE FRIENDLINESS TOOL – To check whether the site/page is mobile-friendly
TRAFFIC / RANKING TOOL – To check our site’s rank in the global and local country we are focusing
Search engine ranking helps in bring more organic traffic by placing the website on the 1st page of the result page
There are many factors that determine the ranking of the page.
Content of the page, relevance, mobile-friendliness, Technical robustness and Security are the main factors involved in ranking.