As we all know that Microsoft Word is majorly used for creating a variety of documents like letters, forms, resumes, and so on. It offers many useful and amazing features to make you work in a better and easy manner.
What advantages does Microsoft Word offer?
It’s not just a myth but Microsoft Word does provide many advantages to make us work in a very easy and stressless way. The following are some of the advantages that you can definitely expect for the platform:
- You can search about a word or a phrase within the platform itself.
- The created documents can be universally used by different users.
- You can always make consistency among multiple tasks and projects.
- It facilitates you to create visually enhanced and appealing documents.
- It is easy to make multiple versions of a document; save and sort them.
- There are very less chances of making any spelling or grammatical error.
- The friendly interface allows you to perform the tasks in a faster and easier way.
- The mail merging from a database helps to send letters to multiple people at once.
- You can easily correct your mistakes as it highlights them with a red or blue underline.
- It’s a professional-standard application to create and manipulate common types of documents.
What new features does Microsoft Word 2016 have?
The Word 2016 application has many new and useful features that you can use while working on the platform. Some of the features are as follows:
- Tell Me: You can always use this tool whenever you want to search for a particular command. It is present on the top-right corner of the ribbon and can be used whenever in need. Instead of navigating through the menus, you can use this tool. Just type what you need, a list of suggestions will be provided, and as per the requirement, choose the most relevant one.
- Draw Tab: The new Draw tab has many new tools in it to make your document look visually appealing and to help you work on the document with an ease. To view this tab on the ribbon you need to customize the ribbon. This tab contains many drawing tools to perform some interesting tasks such as: drawing converted into a particular shape, produce a shading effect using the Pencil tool, customize the available variety of pens, add animation to the inked images, and so on.
- Ink Equation: The Ink Equation tool lets you write any complex equation in a natural way (such as touch pointer, your finger, or mouse to draw freehand) and converts that equation into computer text. This tool lets you avoid the efforts to search for a particular symbol. Without much effort, enter the required mathematical expression, and translate it into the document’s text.
- Easy sharing: The new Share button on the top-right corner has made the sharing of the WOrd documents much easier. The files that you have saved in OneDrive, SharePoint, or OneDrive for Business as the email attachments or links, can be easily shared with your colleagues. The people with whom you have shared your files can share and view the respective file or document or can even edit it in real-time.
- Smart Lookup: It is one of the most useful tools. While working on a document, if you want yourself in need to search for a definition or some information related to a word or phrase, you can do it via this tool. Just select and highlight the particular text, and select Smart Lookup. The Smart Lookup pane showing the related information will appear in the right side of the document. Because of this tool, you don’t need to switch to the internet browser.
- Version History: Each time you save your document to the OneDrive, a new version is stored separately. You can also see the list of time and date when the file was saved previously.
- Real-time Co-authoring: The documents that you shared with your colleagues on OneDrive or SharePoint, can be easily edited in real-time. This way you and your colleagues will be able to view the changes made by each other simultaneously.
- Preset Shape Fill Formats: Microsoft Word 2016 has introduced new preset transparent or semitransparent formats that can be applied to the shapes inserted from the Shapes gallery. These formats provide transparency to the written text or objects on the shape so that they can be viewed through that shape.
What type of file formats does Microsoft Word support?
The previous versions of Microsoft Word only used .doc file extensions but later on it also supports .docx file extension. The recent versions of Microsoft Word can now support and open files of the following formats:
- .htm, .html
- .mht, .mhtml
- .dot, .dotm, .dotx
- .doc, .docm, .docx
Microsoft Word is the mainly used word processing platform that has a varied variety of features and lets you maintain the data in a better and appealing manner. You can know more about the respective platform by referring to the uCertify course of Microsoft Office Word 2016 Expert (77-725 & 77-726). This course not only provides you the knowledge about the platform but also prepares you for Microsoft’s certification exam, 77-725 & 77-726. Since the course is entirely based on the exam objective, hence, it covers topics like designing the Word environment, working efficiently, inserting graphic objects, preparing to publish, working with graphic objects, collaborating on documents, and many more. The course also offers performance labs, quizzes, test preps, and so on to provide you a hands-on experience on the platform. So, don’t forget to check out our outstanding course!
Grab the best deals at uCertify’s Black Friday sale
Check out the Black Friday Sale at uCertify to get a 20% site-wide discount. Explore our rich library of more than 400 titles, choose the desired certification course, and start learning with us. Do not forget to use promo code “FD20” during check out. Offer ends on Sunday, November 29th, 2020.